Saturday, January 31, 2009

Baba Ganoush

There are several coworkers who have taken this "make Bill eat new things" to heart so with the amount of time we've been spending there lately it shouldn't come as a surprise that I've been dabbling in exotic cuisine. One evening in particular I tried several new items including baba ganoush. I didn't know what was in it, and I'm still not completely sure, but it looked somewhat similar to hummus and I was too tired and hungry to argue so I gave it a try. We had some very nice pita shells for dipping purposes, and I'm not sure if that is standard but it seemed right to me.

What I Like:
Bread... more specifically... bread dipped in things.

What I Don't Like:
Aubergine, and whatever else they had mixed in there. According to wikipedia, it could have been onion, tomato, or other vegetables... I may never truly know.

Who Made Me Try It:
Credit for this one goes to COURTNEY!!! Thank you buddy.
The Results:
It was pretty darn tasty. As I mentioned earlier, I like hummus and this wasn't too far from that. the flavor was nice and the texture wasn't an issue at all. If anyone doubted the potential success of this blog (in terms of new foods tried, not site traffic) then please feel free to open your mouth and insert your current footwear.

No comments: