Monday, March 2, 2009

Pecan Pie

This one goes hand-in-hand with my salmon post, which you may or may not have read yet. At the same restricted access dining option on campus there is a dessert area in addition to the main course options. Both have to-go containers sitting there for your convenience, but we only decided to take advantage of this for the post-meal sweets. By the time we got there we didn't have a lot to chose from though. There was some sort of bundt cake type thing that looked alright, and there were two slices of pecan pie. Dave decided to go for a slice of pie and I couldn't deny that it looked pretty darn tastey, so I went ahead and took the other. We brought them back and ate them at our desks, and here is my take on it...

What I Like:
Pie crust and sugar.
What I Don't Like:
I tend to enjoy nuts (no jokes please) but the pecan has never really been one of my favorites. If they were in a mixed nuts medley then I might eat one, but I would usually skip them for the alternatives. I don't know why, but they always make me feel like I'm eating a cockroach... is that odd? I'm also not really a big "pie" fan (again, no joked please) because it seems that in most cases there is some sort of fruit or berry involved that I would rather avoid.

Who Made Me Try It:
It was mostly me again... it was there and it looked like it might be yummy.
The Results:
OK, now I really need to start going back to the gym because I found another unhealthy sweet that I enjoy. Damn it! My saving grace has always been that while I don't eat a lot of healthy things, I also don't eat a lot of junk food. I tend to lay off the snacks and sweets, but now I have another option and I'm going to need to make up for lost time. Shoot.

No comments: